Corns are loved by nearly everyone. It can be served in variety of forms and in various foods. Corns, in addition to having culinary value, are great for health. You can use corns in salad, desserts, sandwiches, with vegetables, and where not! Here are some of the health benefits of sweet corn!
• Sweet corns have high fiber content and can help relieve constipation a great deal. These are also considered great for your colon!
• As sweet corns are high in fiber, these also help keep your blood sugar within normal limits.
• Sweet corns are a great source of beta-carotene and antioxidants like lutein, xanthins, etc. It proves to be great to improve eyesight and prevent cataract.
• Sweet corns, when taken along with foods like egg whites, chicken, low fat milk, and good quality proteins, help in reducing weight.
• Sweet corns are also rich in vitamins B complex, including riboflavin, thiamine, pyridoxine, niacin, etc.
• Sweet corns are rich in folate and essential minerals like selenium, zinc, potassium, manganese, and copper.
• Unprocessed sweet corn (steamed) can be included in gluten-free diets also.
Take it any form – roasted, steamed – it will benefit your health! Sweet corn is the food you’ll always love!